Saturday, July 19, 2008

Surprise!

I hosted a surprise birthday party for my friend Rain last night and did most (almost all) of the food for the party. I know most people - especially her boyfriend and her boyfriend's friends - are just fine and dandy happy with pizza. Can we all say - bleh! Parties are a time to cook fabulous food and there's no reason to get that greasy stuff everywhere.

(Not that I don't like pizza, I do. But, I totally admit I'm a food snob too.)

Anyway, for 12ish people I made...

21 drumsticks in an Asian Marinade, which turned out fabulous
3 zucchini sautted with Enova oil, onions and crushed red pepper
1 lb of green beans with the citrus dressing I posted earlier this week
*Bought 1 lb of potato salad (for people who don't like all green veggies)
2 pkgs strawberries with the yogurt drained & Spenda brown sugar added.
There were also 3 bags of chips, salsa and peanuts.
Oh, and her boyfriend bought a cake...

My veggies were actually 99% gone by the end of the night and the potato salad was only half eaten. The chicken disappeared quickly too and we only had 4 pieces left at the end of the night.
Everyone complimented the food and ask for the citrus recipe for the green beans! :)
And, the yogurt - someone told me that it was so good, he thought it was the "store bought stuff". (hee, hee)

Goes to show you can put good food in front of people and they'll love it! With a bit of help from Amanda, my friend deven and myself in the kitchen... I planned the menu yesterday afternoon, bought the ingredients at 5pm, started prep at 6pm and finished everything right at 7:15pm.

I was sooo pleased!

1 comment:

Jariris said...

I'm sorry I missed the party, but I know the food was good!!